Lusitano Horse Finder Yard in Cascais
Lusitano Horse Finder is located in Cascais at the stunning, unique and historic equestrian establishment called Quinta da Marinha. Quina da Marinha has quite an equestrian history which dates back to 1924 when horse racing began at the then grand rural country estate. Gradually over the years the equestrian centre developed into what it is today – a tranquil estate made up of stables in charming patios, tree lined sand pathways, several outdoor arenas, lunging arenas and a large indoor arena. The planting is a blend of tropical, exotic and traditional Portuguese pine trees, even parrots can be seen flying overhead.There is plenty of room for relaxed riding, training and enjoying hacks out.
The estate is within 5 mins of the stunning Guincho Beach with it long sandy shoreline, cool surfing bars and restaurants. Also close to the fabulous bars, restaurants and shopping of the classy coastal town Cascais. Historic Sintra is within 20 minutes which is a treasure of palaces, numerous historic buildings and fabulous gardens.
The Quinta da Marinha patios are individually run by different riding groups and even Portugal’s top International Dressage rider Gonçalo Carvalho is located there. Most days you can see him training his top Lusitano mare Batuta and other Lusitanos in the lovely scenic dressage arena with views right the way to Sintra palace.
At our Patio we provide the following services –
- Horses in full livery and classically based dressage training with Nuno Cavaco – from starting right up to fine tuning for Grand Prix dressage competition. Learn more about what the training & livery includes go to Horse Development further down the page
- Classical Dressage Lessons on your horse or on our Lusitanos FIND OUT MORE AND BOOK Lessons with Nuno.
- Learn more about Nuno Cavaco here
- Classical Dressage Holidays – we can arrange long weekends or one week holidays where you can ride daily with Nuno. Your family can come even if they don’t ride as there are so many other great things to do in the area. We are happy to help arrange your trip and include days out etc.
- Horses in for selling – we prepare and promote horses for sale – professional videos, photos, presentations.
Our commitment to you –
We are a small yard looking to achieve the very best we can for you and your horse. Our aim is the provide a quality service that truly gives you the results you want.
Nuno training Lusitano Ervedal (Alter Real) Image by Lena Saugen
Giving you ‘Peace of Mind’
We know that leaving your horse in Portugal is a very viable option that can be rewarding for everyone. There are many benefits in doing this.
- The full livery and training is generally more cost effective
- Portugal is has a vibrate and important history in Classical Equitation
- We understand Iberian breeds very well – however we are happy to work with all breeds
- The weather is very good most of the time
- It is cheap for you to regularly visit and train with your horse
- Lovely Country to explore and plenty of things to do as well as riding
We are also fully aware of how worrying it can be to have your horse in another country and be sure you know what is going on. To give you extra ‘peace of mind’ we have designed and developed ways to ensure that you are informed every step of the way with your horse’s progress and requirements. We have developed our service to include pass coded ‘On Line’ Horse management profiles that are regularly up dated. See more here.
This way you can at anytime see what is happening. It does not matter if your horse is staying 6 months or 5 years he will be given this service as part of our commitment to you.
REAL TIME VIEWING
What’s more we are happy to do training live on skype so that you can see your horse working in ‘Real Time’
Putting Your Horse With Us
We only take a small amount of horses in for full training. All horses are trained personally by Nuno Cavaco. Nuno’s work is all classically based dressage both ridden and on the ground. He was 25 years in the famous ‘Portuguese School of Equestrian Art’ where he trained with some of the most famous modern day masters.
When he arrives with us we will assess him and discuss with you the best way forward in terms of feeding, shoeing, training etc. From this we will develop a ‘holistic’ training programme individually designed for your horse that includes –
- Classically Based Dressage
- In Hand work and lunge work
- Riding out in countryside
- Paddock time
- Trips out
- Physio treatments etc where required
Nuno teaching Tess Moore on Alentejo Image by Bruno Barata